I was watching the television and, as usual, a commercial came on. It was a Cinnamon Toast Crunch commercial. A Cinnamon Toast Crunch flake (if that is what it was) sat on the edge of a bowl. It licked its forehead, placed its tongue in the bowl of milk and caught a Cinnamon Toast Crunch flake which was floating/swimming around in the bowl and ate it.
Now,can·ni·bal·ism [kan-uh-buh-liz-uhm] is defined in the following manner:
1. the eating of human flesh by another human being.
2. the eating of the flesh of an animal by another animal of its own kind.
3. the ceremonial eating of human flesh or parts of the human body for magical or religious purposes, as to acquire the power or skill of a person recently killed.
4. the act of pecking flesh from a live fowl by a member of the same flock.
5. the removal of parts, equipment, assets, or employees from one product, item, or business in order to use them in another.
Lets go a little further…isn’t the depiction of a Cinnamon Toast Crunch flake eating another Cinnamon Toast Crunch flake an act of cannibalism?